About 7.5 km from the River Calder, Blue Bridge
(built 1828) is set in the middle of Haw Park. It is in better
condition than Clay Royd Bridge, although the tow path had collapsed
beneath the bridge, to be restored as part of the Trans Pennine Trail. This is the last bridge before the canal
reaches Cold Hiendley Reservoir.
Click on the pictures below to enlarge.
|Blue Bridge before the Trans Pennine Trail was created along this stretch of the canal.
© John S. Sargent August 2000.